Tribhuvan University (T.U.) was established in 1959 AD. The Faculty of Law is one of the oldest faculties of T.U. which was established in 1959 AD as an Institute of Law and it was renamed as the Faculty of Law in 1974 AD.However, the Law College was established in 1954 AD with offering LL.B courses with an affiliation to Patna University of India. After establishment of T.U., the Law College came under the T.U.The Faculty of Law is located at Exhibition Road, Kathmandu in the downtown of Kathmandu Metropolitan City.
The Faculty of Law, T.U. has following basic objective:
- To produce medium and high level legal manpower to fulfill the demand in all sectors of the nation;
- To produce man powerfor legal profession and academics; and
- To produce man power for legal research.